Saturday, January 02, 2010

Top 10 7 Things of 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope this new year brings all kinds of good things to you and yours!!

With the coming of the new year, I have done a lot of reflecting on the past year and thought I would jot down the Top 10 Events from the year as they pertain to me. However, I could not think of 10 things so this will be the Top 7 list for me, and I may need to come back and update! Most deal with Travis since this was such a big year for him, and in that sense, it made it a big year for me.

#7: Travis starred in the high school play "Sugar" which is a spoof of the movie Some Like it Hot with Jack Lemon and Tony Curtis. He did FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!! Our mouths dropped when we heard him sing because he really never showed any interest or real talent in that area. I mean he used to sing in the car, etc. But never did we think he would star in a musical where most of his scenes had him singing his heart out. Awesome show!

#6: Travis graduated. Wow, 19 years ago I had a baby boy and I blinked once or twice and he was graduating. He graduated as salutatorian and we could not have been prouder!! Travis loved high school and it showed. He rarely missed a day and really enjoyed the social time it gave him too. He made lifelong friends here at River Valley and for that we are all grateful.

#5: Travis went away to college at Miami University. Sooooo very sad to see him go, but he settled right into college life. It amazes me! After a rocky start with a low test score in Chemistry, he figured out what college test taking is all about and ended the semester with a 3.4 GPA. Awesome job Travis!!

#4: Got a new job! Out with the old, in with the new. After working for Outsourcing Solutions Inc. for the past 6 years as a QA Coordinator, I quit due to an opportunity that literally landed in my lap. I got a call from my old boss at WorkMED who has now relocated in Columbus and works for a large company here. They were hiring an administrative assistant to help out in the Health Services Department. Although I went from no commute to a 50 minute commute, I absolutely love my job and the challenges and opportunities it presents to me. I love working with people again. I was starting to feel isolated in the transcription business.

#3: Won the Outstanding Performance Award at Battelle. Just one month after I started I won the Outstanding Performance Award, which is an award they present to people that make a difference in their job. You have to be nominated and then a committee votes (I believe) and it was very humbling when I received it. Like I said, I love my job so it is easy to make a difference.

#2: WE GOT A NEW RV!!! Yep, the camping bug bit us once again. Who knew I would love to camp. One day I was sitting at work and I called John and said, hey why don't you go put an offer on that RV we looked at. It was a used one that was in great shape. They didn't accept our offer and were asking way too much so we went to Cincinnati and bought a new one. It is a Rockwood 26 feet. John is way used to his 40 footer so this was a real downsize for him, but so far we just love it!! We spent the summer trying out different campgrounds and found one we really like!

#1: Home Renovations. As exciting as this is, not a room in our house is untouched right now and I'm starting to not like it, LOL. We started with new windows, went to siding, and then the addition of a bathroom. When it is done I'll love it, but it seems to be slow going.

So there are the biggies for me in 2009. It is nice to look back and see what happened. I'm looking forward to a health, happy 2010!!! I wish the same for each of you!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:44 AM

    Also excited for 2010....and hoping to see more of you in bloggy land again!!!

    ReplyDelete