Monday, June 07, 2010

Lost My Blog Mojo

Ack, I hate it. Sometimes I LOVE to blog and sometimes, especially lately, I just lose it. I don't know, maybe our lives are just not that interesting? Maybe between work and my commute I just have too much to do when I get home? Who knows, but thought I would drop in and give an update. I have been keeping up with my blog reading, just not the writing. I hope, if I have any readers left out there, that you drop a line to say hello!



Sooooo, big changes at my job. They moved me from a satellite office down to the corporate headquarters. I wasn't looking for the move, it just kinda happened. Downtown Columbus is actually physically closer to me, so rather than commuting 48 miles, I'm commuting 35. Traffic in downtown Columbus sucks. There, I said it. Actually sometimes I feel like a big girl driving on the freeway in downtown traffic. Then the feeling quickly wanes and the reality of an hour in traffic presents itself and I'm over it. I love my new boss and the people I work with mostly, but I have the distinct impression that I could not show up one day and no one would notice. I guess I just felt like I made a larger contribution at my other job. I'm hoping for more from this one definitely. I'm trying to be really positive about it and hope it ends up being a great opportunity. Time will tell. The fact is I work for a great company so I'm going to stick it out and see what happens.



John is loving his job. He just got back from Vegas late Saturday night for a conference. He had a great time. Wish I could have gone with him! It was a quick trip though.



Travis is home with 1 year of college under his belt. He did fantastic and changed his major from pre-med/pre-vet to education. I wasn't thrilled, but I'll explain more about that in another post. He is working at the zoo as a character and absolutely LOVES it! He is right in his element when he does this. It can be excruciatingly hot but they wear ice vests and are only in costume 20 minutes an hour, so they do keep an eye on them, which I think is wonderful.



I spent Memorial Day weekend in Chicago with my mom, sister and niece Kayla. We had a wonderful time. Saw the play Billy Elliott (absolutely excellent, fantabulous, awesome), saw Sex and the City 2 (See it, it's good!!!). We ate great food and shopped a lot. It was just an awesome time! While we were in Chi-town, John had my dad at the campground. That was new for Moose, but he actually had a great time! He got a kick out of some of our camping neighbors.

Lots of graduations and parties, and all of this wreaks havoc on my waistline. I AM NOT HAPPY! I'm thinking I might start Weight Watchers tomorrow. We have WW at work so it is definitely convenient. Maybe I need to use my blog to hold myself accountable???? Great idea Kim!

Talk soon!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you update, Kim! I hope the job changes work out for the best. I know any change can be hard to adjust to. Good luck on the weight loss! Glad to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog! Good luck with the weight loss! You can achieve anything! xo have an absolute fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:23 AM

    I have and will always read your blog...you are missed when you are gone! Hope the new job thing works out well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're back! HURRAY! I bet it won't be long before everyone in the office knows you and the feeling of being lost in the crowd wanes.

    ReplyDelete