Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekend Roundup

Hello again! I know, I know, it's been awhile. You know, this is such a crazy season, but I am really loving every minute of it.

We had a really full weekend.... On Thursday John and I went to see the play Rock of Ages. It is a Broadway Across America play and Constantine Maroulis from American Idol was one of the leads. The doctor I work for gave us the tickets. He couldn't use them. I'm telling you, if you like 80s music, you will love this play. I literally wanted to get up and dance. OK so theater is not really John's cup o' tea, but he suffered through it with me. He did enjoy the rock music, it was the rest of it that kinda bugged him. Hey I figure if I can suffer through a Nascar race, he can suffer through a play. Fair is fair, right?

Friday I went to a Christmas party for the place I used to work. It was great seeing everyone. Unfortunately I didn't see EVERYONE I wanted to see, but some don't go to these things. I can't for the life of me figure that out, LOL. I love to go to these parties. It is OK, because I'm getting together with all of them this Wednesday. I really can't wait to see the gang I used to work with! I have really missed them! That's why I was kinda hoping to see some of them on Friday. Anywhooo it was a beautiful party. Food was great and company was a lot of fun, as always.

Then Saturday, we went to the Dublin Methodist Hospital Women's Health Party at LaScala. That is an Italian Restaurant in Dublin. It was absolutely delish! We had a great time. I was a little nervous being the newbie on the block, but really, everyone was awesome!

Sunday, we had a big, giant snow storm here in central Ohio so I simply stayed in my jammies all day and put up the tree. I'll have to post some pictures when it is completely decorated.

Driving to work was a joy today, NOT! OMG it was crazy slippery and cold too! John did go out and start my car and scraped the windows for me. I soooo appreciate those little things that he does! It didn't make the drive in any better, but it sure was nice hopping into a warm car!

Soooo looking ahead this week, I have a party Wednesday at the Brazenhead (best hamburgers ever) with my Battelle buddies, then Thursday I have the IAAP (International Association of Administrative Professionals) Christmas party at The Warehouse. Definitely not my favorite place, but the people are a lot of fun. Travis comes home on Thursday!!!! I want to have my tree done and house decorated before then. I really can't wait to see him!

On a more serious note, please keep my brother JD in your prayers. He is facing some really serious cardiac surgery very soon. He was hoping to have it before the end of the year since his deductible has been met, and it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Right now it is scheduled for January 24th. It is a pretty heavy burden all the way around......what he has can be deadly if not repaired, the surgery is dangerous, he is worried about his family of course, and then the financial burden on top of it all. It is crazy and I really feel for them. He is also kind of to the point that he just wants to get it over with already.

Talk to you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment