Ahhhh my blog .... how I have neglected you! Life has been crazy and just has gotten in the way of my creative outlets. I thought I would jump back in by sharing some random things going on in the lives of me and my family.
1. Work..... My new job. At times I love it, at times it makes me crazy. We are expecting a big inspection right now and everyone is on edge. I mean this is a biggie! It seems like I'm not accomplishing much. I'm a person that likes to work down a list and get things done. But being an admin assistant, that is not always easy. People are constantly interrupting you and asking you for things that need done RIGHT NOW! Normally I don't mind this! It is the nature of the job. But, well, I guess things are just crazy right now. It's funny how I was an admin assistant at my old job, as I am here, but the jobs are just totally different. Each with their own set of good and bad. All in all, it is great, and really, I have no right to complain when so many are out of work right now.
2. Biggest Loser Competition.... My brother is having surgery soon (see #3). His cardiologist wanted him to lose some more weight before the big event, so I said I would do it with him. At the same time, I had a review at work and needed to list some goals. I thought this would dovetail nicely if I could run a Biggest Loser competition for friends as well as coworkers. Alas, Mission Slimpossible was born! We have 43 participants and they are doing so well. I'm so proud of all of them (but myself...I gained this week).
3. Cardiac Surgery..... My brother has to have a serious cardiothoracic surgery next Tuesday. He is obviously nervous and scared. Hell, I'm nervous and scared too. I have no doubt he will be fine. He has a renowned surgeon performing the operation. But he's my big brother, and I think it just really sucks that he has to go through it at all. Long recovery. I'm praying for him, that his burden is not too heavy in this week leading up to the surgery.
4. My son..... Quite frankly, the kid amazes me. Everything he is, everything he does...simply amazing!! I honestly don't know how it happened, but it did! (Don't get me wrong, he an annoy the shit out of the best of us....but he is still the coolest person I know).
5. My husband.... Doing well! He was away in Denver at the beginning of the month for a business trip. He loves his work and is so good at it! He has also been working hard around the house trying to finish up the home renovations. Proof positive that my incessant nagging does, in fact, work! I highly doubt the renovations will be done anytime soon, but we are moving on them at least. Phew, I was thinking they would never get done!
6. This Weekend.... Going to see Tony and Tina's wedding with 8 other couples. I have been to it twice before, but all the others have not, so it will be great seeing their reaction! I'm really looking forward to getting out and letting loose a little bit.
Well that pretty much catches us up on the goings-on in this house. I'll be back soon!!
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











I'm so glad you are back - life seems to be "trucking along" - hope to see more of ya on here!
ReplyDelete