
Spending a nice quiet weekend alone!
Well, actually that's not true! John is visiting his son, daughter-in-law, and grandkids in South Carolina. Why am I not there you ask? Well.....I don't know exactly. It was a spur of the moment decision to go and I had to work. No worries though, I'm glad he got to go and I'm also thankful for the time to do "ME" things.
Got up and met my girlfriends Cindy and Annelle for breakfast this morning at Bob Evans. I swear we laugh more every time we see each other. It's good for the soul to hand out with these two. Our boys graduated together, and are still great friends.
Then I spent nothing short of 2 hours in Hobby Lobby. Hmmmm, I love browsing fun crafty projects! I helped the economy a bit there. After that, came home and cleaned, spray-painted a "thing" for the wall in my bathroom (can't really describe what it is, but it went from green to white today). Ate Frosted Mini Wheats for dinner <---dinner of champions, and then caught up on my TIVO shows.
Tomorrow, I'm going to see Riverdance with some friends! This is their farewell tour. I'm really looking forward to it!
Cute story to share about Travis. He was telling me that every time he takes a test in college, at the top of his test paper, he writes JMJ (for Jesus, Mary, and Joseph). I guess it his own way of saying a little prayer before he takes a test). He does this on every test for every class. To his knowledge, no one really knows what it is, nor have they asked. This week he took a chemistry test and, as always, wrote JMJ on the top of the paper. Before the teacher passed the tests out, he told them that the average grade for the glass was a 72%. He then handed out the tests. Travis got his back and he got an 89%. The teacher had an arrow pointing to the JMJ and a note that said "They can't help you on your chemistry tests!" Travis was surprised and amused that his chemistry professor knew exactly what he meant when he wrote JMJ on his papers.
And with that....I'm out!











I love the JMJ story! I enjoy time alone, too. I had about 3 hours last night while the girls and dh went to the school to play Bingo.
ReplyDeleteTHe professor is wrong - JMJ did help him with his chemistry test! :) Smart boy you have!! Enjoyed you 6WS and I hope you enjoy your alone time!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute story! And yay for me time! Thanks for playing 6WS!
ReplyDelete