Tuesday, October 21, 2008

HELLO WORLD!! LONG TIME NO BLOG!!

Howdy all! Hope you are all well. Things are fine here in Waldo Ohio, home of the fried balogna sandwich. Now how many of you knew that???? We have been so busy. Travis has cross country meets every week and his team is likely to go to the state championship. I'm so excited about it. He keeps bettering his time, which is a great thing!! He was on the front page of the newspaper, again for the FeaRValley cheering thing....they dressed up in halloween costumes this time. He was Hugh Hefner.....where does he get these ideas??? His "Girls Next Door" had not arrived when they took the picture so you can't really tell who he is supposed to be, other than a geeky looking old guy.

WARNING - WARNING***BRAG MOMENT*** Travis got all A's again, but this time his classes were weighted because they were AP classes......so instead of having a 4.0 he has a 5.0.....that kid rocks in school. ***BRAG MOMENT NOW OVER***

Me, I'm going to my annual bead retreat this weekend and I'm so excited I could PIMP (pee in my pants)!! This is the 4th year I've gone and I just love it. You have so many women together and yet there is no fighting, no griping, no bitchin or moanin. We are all there to get away and just have fun. This is where we are staying, at the Indian Bear Lodge. Here is the link: http://www.indianbearlodge.com/LodgeRental/BearsDen/tabid/73/Default.aspx

Check out the Bears Den. That is where me and Diva Kim are staying. We lucked out. It was not built when we signed up for it and they ended up making it A LOT bigger so we have our own little suite! And don't any of you Ohio Beaders think you're coming in our room!! Anyone who knows me knows I am really anal about where I sleep and who I sleep with, and I get my own little bedroom with a door. Ahhhhh, could it get any better????? I'll definitely post pictures when I get back. Funny we all met online and these are some of my best friends I'm meeting up with.

John is doing well. Crabby as ever but doing well. He bought himself a little Triumph TR6, which I fondly refer to as "The Cute Little British Sports Car." It is adorable. It is white with a tan convertable roof. I'll post pics of that as well. The outside is perfect, the interior needs completely redone. It runs and we took it out a few times, looked like 2 big mooses in that little thing! He had a birthday on Saturday, 53 years old. We celebrated at Hoggys!

And how about that election?? I can proudly say that I'm voting for Barack Obama. I think out of the 2 he handles himself better, and John McCain seems like an angry bitter old man. Yes he devoted his life to his country and to public service, but he has an "I deserve this presidency" attitude about him. I didnt like that he would not look at Obama in the first debate, and in all of them he was angry and snippy and Barack kept his cool. No matter who gets it, they are going to have their work cut out for them, but I could not, with a clear conscience, vote another republican in after what the present one has done to our country. With the negative campaigns going on, I'll be really happy when this election is over! Its sad it had to get so ugly!

Well thats about all I have for now......I'll check back soon....

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment