OK bear with me! Just one more post about Travis and then I'll lay off for awhile I promise. Jeez I do talk about him a lot don't I?
Last weekend his cross country team ran in the State cross country meet. It was incredible. Let me backtrack a bit. They have had this goal since they started running last summer, and the boys, as a team, made a pact that they would get mohawks if they made it to state. Sooooo 2 weeks ago, I was getting ready to go to my annual beading retreat (which I have to post about because it was absolutely fantabulous), and that same weekend was the regional meet down in Pickerington on the other side of Columbus. Travis warned me again that if they won, they would be getting mohawks, and that he was not going to tell me, but I would know when I saw him.
Here is what I came home to:
.jpg)
.jpg)
Really pretty huh? NOT, LOL. But it is just hair so I'm really not bothered. In fact, fast forward a week and the hawk is already shaved.
The state track meet was on Saturday November 1. The boys did fantastic. They came in 14th in their division, and there were only 16 teams, but they were predicted to come in 15th, so they were pretty happy they were up one position. Our best runner finished 16th. Just missed the podium by 1 spot. Travis actually finished 137th, but dang those kids were FAST. Below are some pics from the state track meet.

Travis is the second one in the pic

The kick at the end.

Congrats from the coach.

Hawkheads!











No comments:
Post a Comment