Monday, July 27, 2009

Hello!!

Hey there everyone! Hope you are all well. I am back from a long and much-needed hiatus from blogging. I missed it though!! Tried to keep up with the blogs I follow though so I haven't completely lost touch!!

I am really bummed though! I had hoped to share some pictures with you and for some reason I cannot get them off of my camera and on to the computer. Whateva! I will figure it out and post some soon.

Sooooo, what's been going on with me you ask? Ok maybe you didn't ask, but I'm going to tell anyhow. We just got back from a weeklong vacation. We started out on Friday the 17th driving north to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We were there to celebrate my father's 80th birthday. My sister has a home on Lake Michigan, so 21 of us made the treck at one point or another, and it was wonderful celebrating in true "Moose" fashion. Moose is my dad's nickname, and he LOVES to party!! While there, we went to Mackinaw City, Travis and his friend Austin went to Mackinaw Island, we met up with a girl I work with who lives about 1/2 hour from my sister. I know, right???? Who lives up in the U.P.??? We also visited the town of Petoskey, which is just a quaint little seaside town. Besides that, we spent alot of evenings down by the beach where we built fires and, yes I must admit, downed refreshments.....

We left Michigan on Wednesday and drove 8 hours home. Did a few loads of laundry till 1 a.m. and then woke up early to leave for another 10 hour trip South to South Carolina. OMG YES, we are NUTS! John's son recently had a baby and we have been dying to see him, and so, well no time like the present right? We got there in time to meet them for dinner and see the precious little guy, along with John's granddaughter Madison and his son and daughter-in-law. Basically we just hung out while there, and ate way too much. It was a wonderful visit! John and Taylor are awesome hosts and ahhhh, what I wouldn't give to snuggle on that little baby again!!

So I definitely gained weight while on vacation, which actually sucks because I DID NOT NEED TO GAIN WEIGHT!! So I'm on a diet. Struggling but I'm workin it the best I can. Please keep me in your thoughts, because I really need to watch right now!! I swear to God I have no willpower.

There are some other things going on personally that I will talk about later this week, but for now I want to keep those to myself. Actually just till tomorrow, when I tell the people I have to tell and then I can tell the world! Good things......

Poor Jackson Gepperheimer was in the kennel for 10 days, bless his sweet little heart!! He was so darn happy to see us, and I could not wait to see his little self! He has been gettin lots of love and scritchin today!

We are T minus 4-weeks and counting till Travis leaves for school. I can't believe it is here already, and I really need to get busy and start getting stuff together!

Well that's about all I can think of for now! Hope you all have a wonderful day. I have missed the blogosphere. It's good to be back!!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy, amazing blog hiatus!

    Poor little Jackson being in the kennel. My pups just hate being all cooped up and away from home. On the plus side, they LOVE the kennel manager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad you are back! I always feel bad leaving the dog at the kennel and am so glad to pick her up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:26 PM

    It's good to have you back...I figure we won't completely have you until you have finished off your summer events by delivering Trav to school!! My thoughts are with you...remember it will be WONDERFUL! (for him!)
    Love ya,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPEEE... welcome back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've been busy. Don't beat yourself up about the weight. It is hard to diet while traveling.

    Thanks for stopping by for my special SITS day on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete