Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hey Everyone!! Updates ~

Well Jeesh, it has been awhile and for that I apologize! It's just, well, I didn't have much to say. Dear God, I didn't have much to say? I must be coming down with something.....let me check my temp....

Actually it has been quiet around here. Travis spent the week up at his dad's in Youngstown. I bit the bullet and let him drive up there. It was a nail-biting 3 hours but the fact is, he has been a little down since graduating and I think he needed the change of scenery. He did well and sounds like he has had a great week visiting family and friends from his old school. He will be back tomorrow and then we have a couple weeks till vacation, and then after that, a few weeks till he leaves for school. Crazy. This summer is going to go so fast!

The big news.....John's son had a baby boy on 6/16, Davis John. He is so precious! I can't wait to get my hands on him! I'll have to post some pictures. He is a big boy, so alert. He doesn't look like a newborn. Now John is chomping at the bit to make a road trip to South Carolina so we can see the little guy, and his son and DIL and Davis' big sister Madison.

Work has been crazy. My boss was let go at the beginning of the month so there have been lots of changes and uncertainty in our department. The higher-ups are doing their best to ease our minds with regards to our own jobs, and we are doing our best to ease the minds of our teams, but it does seem as though the mood has changed so to speak. Everyone seems a little down, or a little cautious maybe?

Tonight we are going to the G&R, Waldo's famous restaurant for Fried Bologna Sandwiches. LOL it is our claim to fame! Anyway, we are meeting some friends down there. I'm really looking forward to it. I have been in a funk so maybe this will get me out of it!

OHHHH and we got a new car!!!! Long story. I had leased a Mercury Milan 3 years ago and the lease was up. So we either had to buy that car (which I wanted to do) or get a new one. Of course the sales men make buying a new one sound so great. We ended up doing that, and I got a new Mercury Milan Premier. It has all the bells an whistles. However, they did not close out our lease before selling us the new car and so now we are fighting about a $1547 bill we were slapped with on the lease for mileage. Had we known this we would have just bought the other one. So we are disputing that but who knows. We feel they should have settled up on the old lease first so we knew exactly what we were looking at. Not sell us a new car and then say, Ohhhh by the way, you owe us $1547.....

At any rate, I love my new car. Leather seats, moon roof, it is white but kinda opaque. It has Sync, hands free phone that works from my cell phone. It has climate control too which I really like. I loved my old Milan and this one is great too! I just think they are a great car!

Well that's about it for us. Hope you all are doing well!! Have a GREAT WEEKEND!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the new car!!! I've heard bad things about leasing... & with the deals with car lots right now, you almost can NOT buy a car right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:26 PM

    So good to hear from you! Enjoy the new car and hopefully the whole "lease thing" will work out to your benefit!! It doesn't surprise me either way...that is what salesmen are all about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had never tried fried bologna until i met my boyfriend.

    all i can say is YUMMERS!

    andy

    ReplyDelete