Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend Round-Up x3

Hi!! I know I have been slacking in my blogging. I can't really put my finger on why. Is it because I don't really want to talk about what has been going on? Maybe if I avoid it, things didn't really or will not happen? It has been an emotional 3 weeks or so. All good things happening, but emotional just the same.

On May 24th Travis graduated. I was dreading it. So very proud and excited for him, and yet, I could not help but feeling like my baby is now grown up and moving on. He doesn't need the mama too much anymore. It was a beautiful day. My parents came down, his other grandparents, and his dad and step mom. I really did not cry till the end, when I looked across the stadium and saw his best friend's mom crying. How could I see this right? I could. She kept dabbing her eyes. Her husband passed away last year and it was so hard for her to see her son Kit graduating without his father there, understandably. So that is the only time I cried. Yep, I'm pretty proud, LOL. Below is a picture of Travis with Kit. As you can see, Kit was bawling his eyes out too :o)



















We had a bit of a surprise in that he ended up being Salutatorian. His GPA was 3.96. So close to Valedictorian. We laugh because he did not loose his 4.0 on AP Calculus or anything like that. No, he lost it in Spanish.
Below is a picture from prom. He was prom King and this was with the Queen. I just thought they both looked so sweet in it.


So then came his party on June 6th. It seemed like everything that could go wrong did go wrong. However, in the end it all came together and we had a great time!!
This past Friday and yesterday we were at Miami University for orientation. What a great time! I think that Miami will be a great fit for Travis. He is excited and nervous. He was so upset about scheduling and what should he take and what should he not take. I just told him to chill out and relax. His life does not need to be decided today. That seemed to relax him. He has some tough courses and his schedule is spread out all over the day. That did not exite him in any way, shape, or form, LOL. Move in day is August 20th. The day before his birthday. That is my next day of dread, LOL. I'm thrilled for him to be moving on, honestly I am!
Today was a majorly lazy day for John and I. I have had to work, so in between checking emails I took a nap, and watched the Nascar race with him. It was nice. We have been so busy lately that it was a welcome break to lay around and veg. I'm looking forward to our vacation in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Should be a GREAT TIME!
OMG I lost 2 followers. I'm so sad! Ohhh well, hopefully they will come back someday.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:45 PM

    you know life is crazy....always changing and usually right about the time we are comfortable...I am so excited for Travis...and for you!! You get to enjoy life without a child in the home...as hubby would say...all parts of the house become clothes optional ;)

    Keep smiling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll follow you, hope that makes the other 2 leaving a little better, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, what a great son! Congrats to him. But, I'm Canadian and have NO idea what a salutatorian is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the new blog design, kim!

    and a baby graduating...it seems like my eldest is growing so quickly. i remember his baby years like they were yesterday...sigh.

    good for you, and a handsome boy!

    congrats:)

    andy

    ReplyDelete