Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Tuesday's At the Table



You know, every so often my hubby John G. gets a hankerin for some comfort food. This is one of his favorites. It is amazingly easy!!

CUBE STEAKS IN GRAVY

Spray a baking dish with Pam. Take 6 cube steaks and place them in the baking dish. Cover with 2 jars of Heinz Beef Gravy. You can make your own homemade gravy but I never do because I pretty much suck at that, LOL. Anyway, open a can of mushrooms and spread evenly over the gravy. You can also cut up onion and spread that on as well. Cover with foil and bake for at least 1 hour, but check it and see. It comes out very tender. I serve this with mashed potato's and corn or salad and we are all set.

Be sure to check out My Chihuahua Bites for more great recipes!!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds soooo good! That is the ONLY thing I can make from scratch (well almost) and trust me, if I can do it-yo can make gravy! The trick is to add water slowly & gradually,after the flour/grease mixture turns to a paste, and use a egg beater :)
    I am so gonna try your recipe tough, I try to use as many of the recipes I can find on blogspot,and am rarely dissatisfied! Tonight is eggplant parm :)
    Take care, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one dish I would love and so would the family. Thanks!

    http://countrycitymouse-pam.blogspot.com/2009/06/canadian-etsy-giveaway-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. too easy! i'm sure i would be able to make this without too much trouble! i, too, am not a gravy maker.

    ReplyDelete