I was just kinda curious.....Do any of your husbands or significant others get jealous of the time you spend on the computer?
I try not to play into it, but dang, every time he comes up and sees me on the computer I start getting the comments...."Oh there ya are" (said very snarky I might add), or "That's what you need to be doing." He just came up here and I was looking at my work newsletter online and said "There's what you should be doing" and I said, do you have any idea at all what I'm doing? He asked what and I said, not that I owe ya an explanation, but it is my work newsletter.
He fondly refers to Facebook as Assbook. OK that one did make me laugh, but still.
I honestly don't know why he gets like that. I try not to play into it at all, because, quite frankly, if I want to sit my a$$ at the computer all night long, I'm damn well gonna do it!
I do think he might think that because I work from home I spend the better part of my life in this office, and he cannot understand why I would want to be in here during my time off. What he doesn't understand is that just because he feels that way doesn't mean I have to feel that way.
I just love being on the computer. I so know that 99% of you reading this can relate to that comment or you would not be here :o) I love reading blogs, searching the internet, checking email, etc.
I was just curious.....
Well I'm off to read the rest of my favorite blogs, check out facebook, twitter, play on YoVille......That should put me off the computer around 10ish......Take that, bastage! JK!! JK!!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











hm. Maybe he feels like you'd RATHER spend time on the computer than with him? I only say that, because it was a part of my past marriage that was a thorn we had to deal with, so I understand what you're saying about the 'snide/side' comments.
ReplyDeleteBut, I'm STILL on the computer all. the. time. Because it's my way to communicate sometimes.
Are you kidding? Mine threatens to have the internet cancelled! He hates my blog!
ReplyDeleteIts my only outlet other then work. Plus, it gets our family products that we use so really he should just shut up. He won't win this battle so he should just stop complaining!
Hey Kim! hahaha- ummmm yes. i spend hours upon hours in front of my computer... hence all my assbook updates. lol.
ReplyDelete