So yet again I have been gone for some time! I don't know why really, because I do have a lot to write about. I think I really just haven't felt like writing about it all. Sooooo where to begin.....
I quit my job at OSI. I know, right??? Can you believe it?? Phew, after 6 years I decided to call it quits. I have a new job that I start on Monday with the Battelle Corporation in West Jefferson Ohio. When I say the job literally just landed in my lap, IT DID!! To be honest, I have been contemplating working outside the house for awhile now. With Travis going away to school (next week, OMG!!), and not in high school anymore, my social life will be in the toilet, LOL. His school functions WERE my social functions. Take that component out....and all I have is this boring life. I'm a transplant here in Waldo, and working from home does not lend itself to making new friends much. Sooooo, like I said I had been contemplating getting a job outside the house. One day my phone rang and it was Deb Cardlin, my boss at WorkMED in Youngstown, Ohio. We parted ways in 1999. She left WorkMED and moved to California. I left WorkMED and worked from home after a brief stint at Microsys Computing, (and dear Lord, I HATED THAT JOB AT MICROSYS)!!
Fast forward 10 years. I had heard Deb lived down in this area but was unable to get ahold of her. Anyway, one sunny day in June my phone rings and it is her. Her exact words to me were, I have a job that has your name all over it. I will be working for their Health Services Dept. It is a very complex job and to be honest, I know some, but not all so what I'll be doing will have to remain a mystery to everyone for awhile. I do know that I'll, be administrating physicals, drug screens, background checks, vaccinations, etc. It took awhile to make the decision to leave OSI, but seeing as they are offshoring alot of the work and alot is going to speech, and they are reorganizing quite a bit, I felt like the writing might be on the wall. Seems like middle management is the most expendable. That coupled with the fact that I truly loved working with Deb at WorkMED made the decision for me. The ONLY drawback, and one that has me extremely worried.....there is a commute, a commute of 40 minutes! Holy SH*T, what am I thinking??? I go from a commute across the hall to a commute on major freeways of 40 minutes. But when I weighed the pros versus the cons, everything pointed to go!!
Leaving OSI was bittersweet. I have made a lot of good friends there. I love, love, love my team. They are some of the greatest people. I think they were all in complete shock when i told them. It was a well kept secret, and I had to keep it for a long time while I went through a background check of my own. They are all nervous because of the changes that have been happening, but I truly think they will be fine. Lots are keeping in touch so far which has been great!! Gotta love facebook for that!!
Anyway, I start this new journey in my life on Monday. Next week will be a week full of firsts for me, with Travis leaving for college on Thursday, along with this new job, and me commuting to work. Please keep us in your thoughts! My biggest fear, by far, is dropping my son off at college the day before his 19th birthday, and pulling away. Ewwwww, I get poopy tummy just thinking about it. What happened to that sweet little baby I had 19 years ago? He's a man and it's time for him to make his own way, starting at Miami University. I'm so proud of my baby!
Well that's about it for us! I'll be back to more posting soon. I have been keeping up with all the blogs I follow and it is great to see all that is going on with all of you!!
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











wow woman!!! You sure got alot going on! and Miami U???WOW!!! That's awesome! I know it'll be tough, but hang in there...you can do it. I think I cried for 5 months when my daughter went to college and she was only 40 minutes away and I still sw her every weekend! ;)
ReplyDeletegood luck in your new job and the commute? :/
Oh WOW, this is a great post & you have the most gorgeous site here. I had to stop by to leave this comment for you – and to say hello of course ! Your posts are creative and original and you have interesting pictures. It's all perfect ! Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes....
ReplyDelete