Hey All!
It's been such a long time! I can't believe that summer is OVER! It's been a rather eventful summer. In fact, so much so that I'll be glad when life settles down a bit. Oh well, if nothing else, it gave me some fodder for my blog!
One of my favorite things about summer is that it is camping season. My husband LOVES to camp. Me....actually I love it too! When we first met 9 years ago and he told me he liked to camp, I thought, "Well, that was fun while it lasted", thinking that we likely wouldn't see each other again. I'm soooo not a roughing it kind of person! With his next words, my ears perked up a bit. He said "Actually, I kind of camp at the Holiday Inn." WHAT??? He went on to say that he had an RV, with air, a washer and dryer, basically everything but a diswasher. After the first time camping, I was hooked! We sold that RV a couple years after we were married. My son was at an age where I definitely didn't feel comfortable leaving him for a weekend. No doubt my home would have been party central. Ummm, No Thank You!
Now that he is older, and away at school most of the time, we decided we needed to get into the camping scene again. One day, Hubs comes home with this:
I refer to this as my "Summer Home." Ahhh, I absolutely love going to my little home away from home.

One of the best things about camping, or staying at one particular campground, are the people. We ended up with a great group of people around us! Unfortunately I don't have pictures of them all! I do have a few though. These are our neighbors, Chris, Tamie, and their sweet daughter Tabytha.
And there is this big guy, Clem, who has single-handedly keeps us laughing till our stomachs hurt!
But the main reason I like to camp is this.......
There is absolutely NOTHING better than sitting around a campfire that the hubs builds, just relaxing and taking in the sights, sounds, and feeling of nature. Add some friends to that and it is sheer perfection!














I was at work, and will never forget the first moment I heard.....life was never going to be the same again in so many ways...
ReplyDelete