Of course I'm talking about 9/11/11. Amazing that it has been 10 years since that day. I was at work when it happened. At the time I worked in an occupational health facility. We had a TV in the waiting room and one of my coworkers came in and told me that a plane had hit the World Trade Center. So we were all gathered around watching. I'll never forget how I felt when I saw the other plane fly into the 2nd tower. My heart sank. My first thought was that I wanted to go to the school, grab my son and go home where were safe. Then I remember thinking, how do I know it's even safe there?? Especially after the plane hit the pentagon and the other one crashed in PA. Such scary and unsure moments.
We went to church with my father that night. We just prayed and prayed for all involved. My heart still aches for all those that lost family and friends in such a senseless tragedy.
I've been watching all the shows recapping what happened and updating on a lot of the families that were affected. In many cases it is so good to see how they were able to move on.
NEVER FORGET~ and God Bless America!












HeyI Kim ~~ I was glued to the TV all day. I was watching GMA when they cut in. Got to see the second hit real time. It was a terrible day.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Jim and three buds were golfing. A lady came out and told them. They all (Mrs. Jim, a Christian, a Jewish lady, a Muslim lady, and one who didn't know the Lord) all stopped and prayed right there out on the golf course.
..
Forgot to say, as true golfers, they finished their game before coming in.
ReplyDeleteHappy 6WS!
..
I was running my daycare so no TV...so it was later in the morning before I heard it on the radio. I wanted to turn on the TV to watch but with little ones in the house it would have been to upsetting. How do you explain something like that to a group of 2, 3, 4 and 5 year olds. I turned on my set after they went home...it was something one never forgets.
ReplyDeleteI posted the same for 6WS - we're on the opposite side of the world so we saw it in the early hours of the morning. We thought it was a movie at first and could not believe it was real.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog title - very classy and exactly where I would like to be
At work. Far away from the action, but afraid the attacks might spread.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining 6WS!