Hello!
You know, I feel like my life has been crazy lately! Besides being incredibly busy, there has been some strange juju going on. Maybe the planets are misaligned, some weird time/space continuum, I don't know, but something is up.
I'm starting to think it is me, but we all know that can't be the case!!
As a lot of you know, I have been a member of Ohio Beaders for 8 years now and just attended my 7th retreat. I have made it to all of them! They are always A.W.E.S.O.M.E. A great time with girlfriends. Although I had a good time this year, there was an incident that I really don't want to elaborate on here, because what happened doesn't matter. The thing of it is that this incident led to some huge changes within our group. Changes a lot of us didn't want to happen. Changes we didn't ask for but have to accept. I sit here and ponder why. I wonder why 8 years of fun, and more importantly, friendship, doesn't mean anything to some. I'm hopeful our group will be fine. We have a great foundation, but I miss the way it was and I'm sad that the bad juju got us!! This probably doesn't make sense....just venting, I guess.
A couple weeks later, the bad juju hits again. This was in a different part of my life, a different group of people, and again without getting into what happened, I realized people aren't always what they seem. Surprising, I know! Actually this was really surprising.
I hope I'm not sounding too judgemental. I honestly don't mean to.
I have learned from these incidents though! It's been my mantra since the retreat that one should never expect more of others than they expect of themselves.
Times like these make you realize that you should focus on the things that are really important in life. My husband, my son, my family, my sweet little Jackson Gepperheimer. The true constants in my life that never disappoint. So I made a promise to myself that I would do just that!!
It's funny, summers are so crazy busy here, and this was the first weekend that we didn't need to rush home, pack, head out to the RV, etc. I had the nicest weekend with my husband. I came home from work on Friday, and we had a nice leisurely dinner with great conversation. Sometimes our conversation lacks a bit....and it's so nice to realize you are actually on the same page with your spouse. Saturday, we slept in, and then went to our nephew's wedding. It was absolutely beautiful. The flowers.....I love fall flowers anyway, but the yellow roses with the orange tips....I die.... Everything was so tastefully done and the couple was just precious.
On Sunday, we just relaxed all day long. Ok I did clean here and there, and I should have done more, because Lord knows, my house needs it, but I chose to just hang with the husband and enjoy him. I'm really glad I did.
So I would like to take this opportunity to Thank You, Bad JuJu!! I really don't want you to visit again anytime soon, but I'm glad you came and forced me to see that I don't have to look very far to find the good in my life, appreciate the blessings, and move on from the negativity.
Monday, October 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











Sorry to hear about the "Bad Juju" but glad that you had a great weekend and family time. That's so important... and replenishing!
ReplyDeletei'm sorry to hear your beaders group went through some changes. that makes me sad. i think it is the time of year! people be crazy and mean!
ReplyDelete