Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 Week 2, Weekend Roundup

We traveled this weekend! We went to Michigan city Indiana to see this sweet girl!









This is my niece Kayla and her boyfriend Josh. Kayla is a nurse in the ICU at a hospital in Indiana. She has decided to become a traveling nurse and will be leaving for California shortly for 2 YEARS!! I know, right? What can I say about Kay Kay? She has an appetite for adventure that can't easily be satiated. She loves to party and have fun, but is so smart, and a wonderful nurse. She has a magnetic personality and pretty much works the room when she is in it.


So this past weekend, the hubs and I, my parents, my sister and her husband, and my cousin and her husband all met up in Michigan City.







Since my parents have a gambling problem LOVE to gamble, we went to the Blue Chip Casino. OK, I'm just going to say it. I CAN'T STAND to gamble. Seriously, call me cheap, but if I spend $20 bucks, I want something in my hand to show for it. Plus I never win, so to me, gambling is pretty boring. So while my parents and cousin were out gambling, the rest of us sat in a sports bar watching the football game and drinking some brews. Evidently, no one in our group of gamblers was very lucky!


I will say that as we walked out of the casino, I thought I would try the old "I'll throw a dollar in a machine and hit the big jackpot." Beginners luck, ya know? So I put my dollar in and hit the buttons, eagerly anticipating all the bells and whistles going off telling me that I hit it big. That just never happened. I lost it. All of it. All $1. Oh well.....


John and I arrived early so we drove around a bit and had some lunch. Michigan city is right on Lake Michigan so we stopped by the beach. I wanted to lay out but at 16 degrees it was a little chilly. I did snap some pics which are below. It was beautiful. Basically we just hung out the whole weekend, went to the outlets on Sunday, and then John and I headed home. There is a pic of my dad, cousin Marcia, and my sister. Regarding that last pic, John's sister is Sally and she is married to Al....so that one's for you Sally!




















No comments:

Post a Comment