Well, how is everyone?!? Things are fine here in Waldo, Ohio. I have taken a long hiatus from my blog, but thought I would pop in and say hello! I had a wonderful weekend this past weekend. I belong to a beading group in Ohio, and every year for the past 3 years, we get together for a weekend and have a retreat. This year's retreat was in London Ohio at Alexandra's Bed and Breakfast! It was really cool. We arrive on Friday between 4 and 5 p.m. Find your room, drag in all the crap you brought (and you only realize then that you brought way too much stuff for one very short weekend), and then the party starts. Friday night we have a pajama party and a gift exchange, and then do some door prizes. This year I won the absolute BEST prizes! I won a carrying tote for my beads, and then won a 1 year subscription to Bead Bugle, an online beading place that offers free patterns, etc. How lucky can I get!! Saturday was a day filled with classes. First a chain maille class on the jens pind weave, then a precious metal clay class, and then finally a copper wire bracelet class. Then dinner and more door prizes. After that, just hanging out having a good time!! By Sunday the events and the lack of sleep have caught up with us and we reluctantly drag ourselves out of the place for the drive home! Nobody ever wants to leave! We do have the next one planned for next year at Indian Bear Lodge in Walhonding. This one will be a little further away for me!
News on the home front.....John is great, loving his new job at Lawn Greenkeeper. He is a project manager and safety director.
Travis is great. Went to homecoming a few weeks back and is just finishing up cross country. They made it to the regional meet in Pickerington this weekend. Hopefully then they will move on to state.
My parents have been away for 2 weeks in Florida. I'm used to talking to my mom every day so this has been a little bit of an adjustment.
Well, that's it for now! I promise I won't wait this long next time!
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment