Sunday, August 17, 2008

*Gasp* It's Finally Here

Well.....Its here.....my child starts his SENIOR year of high school tomorrow!! Secretly I have been dreading this day. I've known its coming, but I hated to even think about it. It seems like just yesterday we were fitting him for uniforms to start out at Holy Family School and now here we are. He just couldn't be more excited. Although I'm truly excited for him and all that lies ahead, a part of me wishes he was still that sweet little boy that used to burst through the door like a wild banchie, with his little friends, yelling, laughing, and having fun. The one who would get in trouble for not sitting still or talking too much in kindergarten (although I'm pretty sure that still happens in high school). It seems like just yesterday. I'm still not exactly sure how I'm going to get through this year, considering I was the one crying on Senior Night at the football game last year and my kid was not a even a senior yet, LOL! So many changes coming this next year. He is a man now, well kinda......I mean, do they ever really grow up?!? But he will be graduating, he will be moving out and going to college. It's definite that he wants to go away to school, and I want that for him. I think everyone should go away to school, and always wished I had. However, It's like they are never really home again after they leave for college. All this makes me sad. I do put on a happy face for him though. He knows I'm a little bit nervous about it, and I really am, but I am truly excited for him as well, and this is the attitude I try to show him all the time. He has such a bright future ahead of him. They all do! So much potential. They have the world in the palms of their hands!

What I want for Travis in this last year of high school is for him to enjoy every single moment because it will fly. May will be here before we know it! He is an honor student with all AP classes, so he will have have to work hard. But along with that hard work I want him to have fun! And I want for him to be happy! I'm so proud of all that he has accomplished so far, and I know this year will bring even more!

Travis, I hope your senior year is the best school year yet!

Well thats about all for now. I hope I don't sound too depressed. If Patty or Terri are reading......honestly I'm not! Just sad my baby is growing up!!

See ya!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Totally understand....enjoying every age of your child's life doesn't mean that you don't feel melancholy about the time slipping away...and it does....slip away....ever so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:29 AM

    Hi Kim,

    We know that both of you are going to be fine. You raised your son like your mom raised you, with common sense and a good heart.

    Love ya, Patty

    ReplyDelete