Friday, December 12, 2008

Aloha Friday


In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. I think I really, really like this idea!! So the idea is that I ask a simple question. Feel free to answer by leaving a comment~
So my question for today is:
What is the one thing you look most forward to at Christmas Time??
You know, I would love to say getting together with family and rejoicing the season, and seeing all the bright smiles on the kids faces, and opening presseis (which is a close second, LOL) etc. But I really have to be honest. My favorite thing about the holidays is something so different than all of that. And it is wrong on so many levels, LOL.
My favorite thing about Christmas time is my moms stuffed cabbages.
I should not be looking forward to food all year long. Think of Christmas and think...."Mmmmmmmm, mom's stuffed cabbages......" Its November....."ahhhhhh, 1 more month till the stuffed cabbages." Driving home to celebrate with the family..."Hurry up John, drive faster!!! There won't be any stuffed cabbages left at this rate!!"
But hey, we only get them once a year ya know? She slaves away making a zillion and one of the little buggers, so that we can have them for Christmas dinner and then have enough for each of her 4 kids to take a bundle home. OMG they are heavenly. OK is that bad??? Probably.


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:42 PM

    All of the decorations!!! I love to decorate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sand tarts...they are cookies...and I love them. They are so hard to make so we only do them at Christmas.

    My favorite part is watching the kids roll around on the floor in the wrapping paper...it's our weird tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the music, movies and the food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:29 AM

    hmmmmm...I think it's the atmosphere of family and friends...it's one time of the year that people really want to get together to celebrate!! I love the festivities....

    ReplyDelete
  5. great question... i had to think about it a little. i think what i look forward to the most is having my house and tree decorated with the decorations that hold so much sentimental value.

    we're going away for Christmas and therefore, i haven't decorated the way I usually do. due to this, it's been hard to get into the Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. popping in to say hi from SITS...I live in Ohio too!

    ReplyDelete