Thursday, December 04, 2008

LIFE........

Hi There~

Well with the winter weather brings many changes to John's job. He is a building property manager and in the winter months they plow. His "territory" is up in the Cleveland area, which is expecting quite the snow storm tonight and tomorrow. So he will be leaving at midnight and has hotel reservations for Friday and Saturday. He said I more than likely will not see him till Sunday.

OK in one sense this makes me happy.....LOL....Happy because I don't have to cook. I just hate to cook anymore. In another sense, I miss him when he goes. He works long hours when he is plowing and I worry about him when he is by himself out there. Again on the brighter side.....I'm a free spirit....I can do whatever I want for 2 whole days! Actually, what I'll be doing is decorating for Christmas! I also need to finish up the last of my shopping! And John is seriously NO FUN to shop with. The man breaks out into a cold sweat in the parking lot of Kohls.

Other news......My SIL Lisa broke her collar bone last Memorial Day and at 36 she isnt healing so well. She had surgery to put hardware in a few months back, and then the Monday before Thanksgiving she had the hardware taken out. She has been in an immense amount of pain since then, and after going to the doctor's today she found out the fracture was not healed. She will be going in for surgery again tomorrow. Please keep my SIL, my brother and their family in your thoughts and prayers. This has been such a nightmare for them, not only physically for my SIL but financially as well. She missed 6 weeks of work the first surgery, then all last week, and now another 6 weeks after this surgery. Sigh........ (((HUGS))) Frank and Lisa.

My diet sucks.....guess that's all I can say about that right now. I really need to start putting myself first and take 1/2 hour a day and exercise, just for me. I'm about ready to consider gastric bypass, but my boss seems to think I can do it! She is extremely motivating so I think I'll lean on her a bit for some support. She actually lost 140+ pounds on her own with diet and exercise, and is NOT a fan of surgery at all!

Well on that happy note....I'm out......See ya soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'll keep your sil in my thoughts. That sure is lousy!!

    I just had a friend do gastic bypass and she is quite the success story. Though if you think you can do it on your own I would think that would be the best way to try!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete