Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Week Before Christmas, And All Through the House

Not a decoration was hanging, not even a, ummm, errrr, Well Jeez I don't know what fits there! I cannot believe it is the week before Christmas. I have soooo much to do and no time to do it. I need to get off my lazy rump and get busy. I have the finishing touches of decorating to do, send out the Christmas cards, finish the Christmas gifts for my team and mail them, finish shopping, and finally wrap everything. Sheesh!!

This Saturday is our annual progressive dinner with the Craigs and the Richards. I have salads this year. I usually do appetizers because I live the farthest out, and they all like to sip the sauce and don't really want to drive after that. Ohhhh don't get me wrong, we sip it too, but neither John nor I are big drinkers so it just works out better this way. I'm going to make an italian antipasto salad and then another one called Holiday Rice. It is TO DIE FOR. I'll have to post the recipe here.

BIG NEWS: On a whim Travis decided to try out for the school play. This totally shocked me because he is more of a jock and I just never realized he had an interest. However, one of his friends, a girl, was trying to get a bunch of guys to go out for the play. Well this one said he would if that one did, and that one said he would if this one did. Finally this girl said that someone better man up and go out so that all of them did. Travis spoke up first and soon 6 of them were going out for the play. After an extremely grueling try out, where he had to sing his heart out to New York New York, act like a gangster, walk like a girl, sing like a girl, and who knows what else, he walked away with one of the lead roles, LMBO!! They are doing Some Like It Hot and he is Jerry, or the part Jack Lemon played in the movie. He is actually really excited about it! I just keep cracking up, because this is so NOT HIM, but maybe it is him and I just never realized it. He always did like to be the center of attention, LOL!

John and I did some Christmas shopping today. He got off early because he has to go plow tonight. We went to Kohls and I got a coat, which I desperately needed. I wanted the Wii Fit, but he says anything he buys me having to do with exercise just sits there, so he refused. OK THAT IS JUST SAD, and true, but mostly sad! So needless to say, no Wii Fit for me. Thats ok, I'll buy my own after Christmas. We went out to dinner and actually had a very nice talk. I think we both really enjoyed it. It's not often that John "lets me in" to see the real him, but tonight he was open and candid and very amenable to certain conversations. He tends to put walls up and I love it when he lets them down and lets me in there!

Well thats about it for me. I guess I need to go get started on some of the crap I have listed above! It wont get done with me sittin her bloggin!

TTYL!!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck getting everything done..

    WTG to Travis. I think it's awesome that he's going out on a limb to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GL on getting everydone! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your antipasto salad sounds great. Can't wait to see the recipe.

    Hope you got everything done. My to-do list never seems to get shorter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a good one and got everything you needed to get finished, finished! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete