Wednesday, December 28, 2011

We Want to Know Wednesday

I'm back!!

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas! Mine was good!! Quiet, with just me, the hubs, my son and my parents. Throw in a couple cousins at dinner and call it done. Speaking of dinner, it was delicious!! My mom just NEVER disappoints. This year's menu was stuffed pork chops, mashed potatoes (with the running joke in the family being the main ingredient in my mom's mashed potatoes is butter, and we're not just kidding either!!), green bean casserole, peas, corn, salad, etc. It's funny, the memories that come rushing back when you are in the same surroundings as you were during those magical childhood Christmases. I love going home for Christmas, staying in my old bedroom, hanging out with my mom, eating <----yea a little too much eating, just sayin.

So today I'm participating in "We Want To Know Wednsday, sponsored by Mamarazzi, Queso, and Crazy Mama.







Here are this week's questions!

1. What was the best part of 2011?

I think the best part of 2011 was being able to go camping most every weekend this summer. My husband absolutely loves to camp, and truth be told, so do I. (The city-girl in me hates to admit this, but I must concede, I LOVE IT)!!!

2. What do you look forward to in 2012?

Each year I hope for a year that was better than the last in all ways. It's not always realistic since life always throws in it's curveballs. I'd also like to add that for 2012 I'm hoping for much success in my job and the same for my husband.

3. Do you actually keep your new years resolutions?

Ummm, never. But heck, it's a new year. There is a first time for everything, right?

4. What are your top 3 resolutions for the new year?

- To lose weight (I do this every single year. This is probably my 35th year of making this same resolution and I still have a weight problem. Yes, I'm bitter).

- To exercise more. This resolution normally lasts clear up through January 2nd.

- To be more organized.

5. Do you have any fun new years traditions or plans?


Normally my husband and I don't go out on New Year's Eve. In fact, I normally chalk it up as the most boring night of the year. However, last year, we rented a hotel room in Columbus and went to a comedy club with friends of ours. It was an absolute blast!! I would love to do that again, but unfortunately it isn't going to work out this year.

The 2 traditions I continue each year are:
- Holding a piece of silver as the clock strikes 12. This is supposed to bring prosperity in the new year.

- Eating pork and sour kraut for New Year's day dinner. This is supposed to bring you luck.
How do I know this? Cause my mom said.

This was fun! Feel free to join in!

And if I'm not back soon....I want to wish all of you a Healthy and Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

  1. I like your out look for 2012! Good luck with the job for you and hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I need to find me something silver for new years. Good to know,, I could use a little prosperity.

    Thanks for linking up, and a happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband loves to camp too, and we would go every weekend if I allowed it. It's just too exhausting for me! Making sure the kids don't fall in the lake or jump off a cliff, making meals for four in a small trailer, feeling dirty all the time-- I need a hotel once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am going to try holding some silver...it's worth a shot and who couldn't use a little more prosperity in their life?!

    thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim,
    I loved your resolutions, especially the one about exercising!!! wish I would have seen this before New Years Eve, I would have held silver in both hand and put a silver bowl on my head!! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete