I had a terrible day on my diet yesterday, and I'm sad. I didn't want to lapse so quickly into my program, and so I'm going to just own my dysfunction right here and now.
I had an issue that involved my son, and a water balloon party, and neighbors and hubby blowing things out of proportion. IMHO it was just kids having fun. No one got hurt, the kids cleaned up their mess. I guess I should backtrack. Travis and Lacey across the street were having a cookout at Lacey's house for the River Valley track team. Travis was here filling up water balloons so we knew there was going to be a water balloon fight between the boys and the girls. No biggie. John and I had to go to Polaris to Fedex some documents to his sister. While there, we had dinner, chatted, etc. It was really nice. When we got home, there were about 20 kids in our back yard. They were grilling their hamburgers and hot dogs. Lacey evidently does not have a grill. Although not happy AT ALL that there were that many kids here without parental supervision, I was happy that they were simply on the back porch grilling. We have a fridge full of alcohol in our garage that they could have gotten into. They could have been blaring music. They could have been running around the neighborhood being destructive. No, they were simply grilling. Evidently their language lacked tact (probably putting it mildly), and although talking to each other, my next door neighbor overheard what they were saying. He went to another neighbor and told. That neighbor told my husband, and so on and so forth. It was sad, because in my opinion, as I said, it was just kids having fun.
I live in a very small town, and I sometimes wish that people would mind their own business. I have a house next to me that is painted just short of neon green. I have another nextdoor neighbor with a fence that is so flimsy the next windstorm it will be leaning against our house. I could go on and on. The fence I complained about, but really have not said much about the neon green house. My point is no one is perfect and I wish people would just live and let live.
So anyway, back to the original reason I was posting.....I think that I let the stress of what people were saying affect my eating plan yesterday, because I simply ate everything that was not nailed down.
Totally bummed!
However, I'm back to it today!! I have my journal next to me. Drinking coffee right now but will switch to water shortly. Wish me luck! I sure need it!
Kim
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











It's day by day right....so one failure doesn't mean you have yet to lose the war...keep on trudging on...and OH how I know the whole blow it out of proportion thing...It makes me either want to eat everything or drink everything...not always sure which one would be worse ;)
ReplyDelete