Friday, May 29, 2009

Aloha Friday


Happy Aloha Friday!! You know the drill. I ask a question and you answer.....and then you hop on over to An Island Life and check out all the other Aloha Friday questions.
It is great fun to hop around, blog to blog to blog answering questions. Go figure!
Today's Question......Since I have graduation on the mind......
How many graduation parties are you invited to this year.....
And.....Does anyone have any neat ideas for gifts that are not obnoxiously expensive?
Of course I was invited to a zillion parties this year since Travis graduated and I have been giving each one $20 and guess what.....I'm slowly going broke!
I'll post more on the graduation festivities tomorrow. It has been alot of fun, and I'm soooo very proud of myself.....I've been keeping my emtions intact!!
Talk soon!

16 comments:

  1. I'm decent this year... I only have 3 graduation parties this year.

    One was last weekend, one is this weekend & another the next weekend - so they are all evenly spaced... Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:23 AM

    I have been invited to none!! You keep it up girlfriend...enjoy it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, only one! Yay. I'll check back to see if you et any suggestions...I need gift ideas, too. I know money is always helpful, so will likely go that route...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was only invited to one and I can't attend so I am just going to send up a small giftcard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only recieved one in the mail.. I could not attend but this reminds me I need to send a gift card or money.. If she were going away for college I would have put a basket together of things she might need.. but she will attending close to home.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just the one so far. With my brother and sister out of high school for the last 4 or 5 years, we've passed the "grad" time of life and are now doing the wedding/engagement part of life. I have my younger cousin graduating and her party is tomorrow....wait?? Tomorrow?!?! Shoot! I gotta get her something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only been invited to 1 this year! It is next weekend, and I have no idea what we will give as a gift yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. None. The one person we know who is graduated is Hubby's niece & they live 4 states away. We just sent money.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:59 PM

    Only 2 . . .this must be a "lean year" for me! I find graduates always enjoy $$$ in any amount!

    Everydaywoman @ http://everydaywomanusa.wordpress.com/

    P.S. JUST LOVE YOUR BANNER AND BLOG TITLE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ONLY 2 so far . AND hey your getting off cheap. Each one is going to cost us $1oo bucks.
    I love your blog makes me feel like I need a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just 2 and yes I always give money.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite graduation gift to give is the book "Oh the Places You Will Go" by Dr. Seuss. I always write a short note inside with some sort of quote that fits the person I am giving it to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have not had any in several years - wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. None, we are at the age of we're past it and our kids aren't near there (thankfully) yet.

    Although we have a million wedding and showers coming up

    ReplyDelete