Yea, that's me today, Melancholy. Today was Travis' last day of high school. I can't believe it is here already. Seems like just yesterday I wrote this post. Wow this year just flew!! I can't believe how fast it went. It was a great year for him with many highs, and a few lows, but all in all things went well for him.
The other night, John and I stopped at McDonald's before a track meet. There was a mom there with her approximately 6-7 year old son. I watched them for awhile. He was fighting a bit because he didn't want to eat. Instead, he wanted to go into the play gym. That was sooooo me and Travis 10 years ago or so. The mom was totally annoyed, and I thought to myself, boy, not too long and she will be sitting where I am. Before I knew it the tears were streaming down my face. And then there is John. LOL. Sooooo not compassionate when it comes to these things. He looks at me and goes OMG STOP!! Personally I think it is better I get it out early, LOL. Maybe I'll be all cried out by graduation! Lord knows I'm so not pretty when I cry.
Don't get me wrong, I'm soooo happy for him and so proud of him. And it's not even that he is moving to college. I think it is so much deeper than that. It's kinda like God gives us children for just a little while to raise, and then it is time for them to move on and make a life for themselves. I get that, but it is also the part I'm having the toughest time with. My opportunity as a parent is basically done, and I guess I'm just not sure what this next phase will bring. Now I know once you are a parent you are always a parent, but what I'm saying is the opportunity to guide them, to teach them right from wrong, to get his sweet hugs and precious kisses, that is the part I'm missing! When he was little he thought I hung the moon. Now he knows better, LMBO! That age of innocence is gone.
I'm just a roller coaster of emotions right now. And contrary to this post, I AM enjoying the ride. The festivities have been GREAT. Today they had a big water balloon fight after school that ended with someone going to the hospital in an ambulance. Good times.....NOT! Tomorrow is Shatzapalooza, a big senior party at his friend's house. A few of us parents are going, just to make sure the food situation is cool. Friday my parents will be here for the weekend. My mom always helps me put things into perspective. We are going to get pedicures on Friday, that should be fun. And then Sunday is graduation. Wish me luck peeps! Hopefully by then I'll have my emotions under control!!
On another note, how about Dancing with the Stars???? Cute little Shawn Johnson won! Rebecca Jo, did you see that one coming???? I thought for sure it would be Gilles!
Hope you all have a wonderful night!!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











Awww, he'll come back around to thinking you know everything. lol I think even as we get older, our parents can still teach us things. =)
ReplyDeleteSOOOOO happy that Shawn won! I loved all three but really surprised myself with how excited I was when they said her name. Yayayay!
I didnt see it coming!!! But I'm so glad!!! Loved that little cute thing!!! Love MARK too - a double cute pair... like Doublemint cute!
ReplyDeleteJust glad mean ole' Cheryl didnt get it!
My mom would never step at a McDonald's with a playland for that very reason. Haha.
ReplyDelete