We went out to dinner tonight. You know it was just me and Travis for 9 years before I got remarried. Now, going out to dinner, just the 2 of us, doesn't happen, what with his busy social life and all. But tonight the opportunity presented itself. John has been out of town with work so when Trav got home from track he said "MOM, LETS GO EAT!!" Maybe I'm being sensitive because he is getting ready to graduate, but tonight's conversation was very reminiscent of the good old days when we used to go out years back. Get that boy talkin and he will tell you everything! Maybe even some stuff you really don't particularly care to hear! It is nice though, to hear all that is going on with him. What his thoughts are about the future, about graduation, about leaving his friends, and about leaving home. Anyway, I thank God for special times like these.
See ya tomorrow! Gotta go watch Lost!











What a treasure!! Cling to and enjoy those moments, as I know you do!! It's amazing how our relationships with our children grow and change into something way beyond what we can imagine! I have always said I would choose to enjoy every stage of their lives, never looking back and never looking forward...but just enjoying what is...as you know, I am not enjoying all that I have, or do not have, right now...but I am trying to focus on now...remembering fondly what was...and looking forward to what will be, without too much focus on either. Not sure why I said all of that!! Travis has grown into quite the young man!! ENJOY!!
ReplyDeleteGotta love a teen that will take the time to talk to you his mamma!!!
ReplyDeletehold onto those special times together. It seems like once they go off to college, that their life changes so much...and it's supposed to, I know that. But you still cling to those special times together.
ReplyDeleteis that his senior picture? it's a great photo!
and I love your header picture! I SO wish I was at the beach right now, sitting in one of those chairs!