Sunday, August 15, 2010

Miscellany Monday



Welcome to my first Miscellany Monday!! I don't know why, but all of a sudden I'm into participating in meme's. Go figure! So here goes.....


1. Spending a weekend in solitude is great for the soul. Boy went to Philidelphia with his friend Austin on Friday morning, and the hubs went to Bloomberg? Pennsylvania on Friday afternoon for a foreign car swap meet. So I was on my own all-weekend-long. I loved it! No rushing home on Friday night. Nope. Stopped at my favorite consignment shop in Grandview. Then went over to LensCrafters and ordered my glasses. On Saturday I stayed in my jammies till 3 p.m. The plan was to go to the campground last night, but at 4:30 it started pouring. I mean coming down in buckets and it didn't stop for a good hour and a half. Though my garden was probably grateful, I was not. I mean I know we need the rain and all, but it did put the kabosh on my camping plans. I was really hoping to go. There is something intriguing to me about spending the weekend at the campground myself. Well and Jackson Gepperheimer. Though the good thing about him is he is quiet, LOL. Today I cleaned and caught up on laundry and hubs got home around 3ish. Boy won't be home until Tuesday sometime. Back to my whole point of solitude being good for the soul, I just want to say, I wouldn't want to be alone ALL the time, but I don't think I would complain about the occasional weekend!!


2. I'm looking forward to getting my glasses one night this week. OMG I had to get bifocals. That makes me sound very old. I don't like it! However, I have been struggling more and more to see at work. So I just had to just suck it up and go for it!


3. I have to say I have some of the cutest step-grandchildren in the world.


4. Chinese does not fit well with Weight Watchers. I'm looking forward to the day it does! Well I mean it could fit....but not the stuff I like....just sayin....


5. I'm not happy about the new paid time off plan at work. I have even been stressing over it a bit. On one hand, I have a job and that is a blessing. On the other hand, the program changed drastically. It is like I'm going to have to go a year without any vacation. Long story, but it sucks.


If you would like to participate in Miscellany Monday, feel free to hop over to Carissa's blog lowercase letters and join in the fun!

3 comments:

  1. Work everywhere is changing policies that seems to be making life miserable...

    I need to go get my eyes checked & dread it because I know glasses are in my future.. so I feel your pain there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that I completely agree with your blog title? For me, it is so true, that's why I try to spend as much time there as I can. Happy Misc. Monday. Following your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought I'd drop by and say hello on this Miscellany Monday. Jackson is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete