I tried this soup out on the fam last week, and they loved it. They are always leary when I'm on a diet, because they are just not sure what to think of the new recipes I come home with, and of course most of the food is bland, but this soup was really, REALLY good!!
Crock Pot Beef Vegetable Soup
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic (I used 2 tsp of the chopped garlic).
2 cups cole slaw mix (this is just shredded cabbage in the produce department)
1 bag of frozen corn
1 bag of frozen green beans
4 cups of V-8 juice. I used the low sodium but I think the hot and spicy would be excellent!
1 can of Italian stewed tomatoes
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. dried basil
Brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic. Drain if necessary. Put in crock pot with the rest of the ingredients and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
I added some Franks Hot Sauce because, well I just come from a long line of Frank's Hot Sauce lovers and I tend to use it in soups. IT WAS SOOOO DELISH!!
Try it and let me know what you think!!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











Sounds yummy! I'm going to have to give this one a try!
ReplyDeleteoh girrrrrl, I will be making this one! I canalmost smell it....yum! and isn't this Ohio weather sucking BIG TIME??!
ReplyDeleteSounds yummy!!
ReplyDeleteSoup is perfect for this time of year! Yum!
ReplyDelete