Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A RENEWED SPIRIT OF HOPE FOR THE USA

Wow can you believe it??? What a wonderful thing to see history in the making. I was glued to the television and frankly, I was getting pretty P.O.'d that work kept getting in my way of watching all the inaugural festivities today. I, for one, am so excited about the future. We can only go up from here. Sure President Obama has his work cut out for him. Really, they always do when they take over from their predecessors. But he definitely inherited some serious sh*t. However, I think he will breathe some much-needed new life into Washington. For those of you that are hesitant about our new president, I have 2 things to say. 1) Just think how we felt 4 years ago. 2) I have complete faith that this president, very unlike our last, will have no problems crossing the aisle and being bipartison. He really has no choice but to do so at this point, in order to unite this country. This is America and we need to get back to where we used to be. He has a great vision for the USA and now has his work cut out for him to accomplish everything he has set out to do.

I was never into politics before this election. But for some reason I took a major interest and it was such a roller coaster!!!! And on a sad note, I really missed Tim Russert on Meet the press. He would have loved it!!

I did feel bad for George Bush when he came out and they boo'd at him and were singing nanananaaaa nanananaaaa, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye. No matter what he did, or how bad people think he was, he was the President of the US and deserved more respect than that. The news people were saying it was mean too.

Now on to Michelle Obama's clothes for the day......I was a little bit disappointed!! Sometimes she looks absolutely beautiful and sometimes not. Today not so much. I didnt care for the colors she chose today, but just my opinion! I am NO fashionista by any stretch of the imagination.

I can't imagine how cold it was for everyone standing out there......record turnout of over 3 million I heard. The country was ready for a change!!











1 comment:

  1. I agree Kim...definitely an amazing, historic day! I'm still watching the coverage! I agree with Michelle's clothes. The first dress wasn't too bad, but her ball gown definitely disappointed me! Oh well...no fashionista here either...but we sure do know our jewelry don't we??!!! HA!! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete