I found this neat little meme over at http://www.odelltrips.blogspot.com/ called Thanksgiving Thursday, where on Thursday you take the time to celebrate all the things you are thankful for this week. I think this is a fantastic idea since I have a tendency to focus on the things that didn't go so well rather than the things that did. Sooooo things I am thankful for.....1. I'm thankful that my dad is out of the hospital and doing well.
2. I'm thankful that Travis got straight A's on his report card once again. He is so consistent when it comes to his grades. His driving leaves something to be desired, but grades....he rocks!! Wait, that was a little bit negative wasn't it? Oops, sorry!!
3. I'm thankful that my bathroom is getting painted. I know this sounds kinda superficial, but my bathroom has been in some state of renovation for over a year now, so when I saw him, with paint brush in hand, phew was I happy!
4. I'm thankful that I get to take my husband out for Valentines day this weekend.
5. I'm thankful that the wind has died down. Now I have to go out and pick up the pieces of my neighbors roof that are strewn about our yard.
6. I'm thankful for a job that I love! It gets stressful but I do love it!
7. I was thankful that I work at home this morning when it was so windy outside.
8. I'm thankful for may Aunt Kathryn and Uncle Web who my parents flew to Florida to visit. They love to spend time together.
9. I'm thankful for my Brother in Law Chuck who surprised me with a very special card for my birthday that was signed with my late father-in-law's name. My FIL passed away a year ago on 3/7 and he was such a good friend. We had a very special relationship and to see the card with his name brought tears as well as a smile to my face and my husbands.
10. I'm thankful that I got to see Jr. Beach Bum practice for his musical this week. I was absolutely amazed at how well the boy can sing!
Well those are the things I am thankful for. Stop by http://www.odelltrips.blogspot.com/ to see what others are thankful for!! Thank you to Nicole for the reminder that we should focus on what we are thankful for!!
And Now.....for Think Thin Thursday.......
I stunk this week. Plain and simple, hands down, I blew it. I hope to get back with the program tomorrow! I got nervous when my father was sick last week and when I get nervous, being the emotional eater that I am, I started picking, and still haven't quit! I hate when I lose control like that so my goal for this week is to get back to it. Follow the program to the T. I have a goal of losing a certain amount of weight by my son's graduation and there is no way I'll get it if I continue eating the way I am right now. Back to the WW program for me!!I hope you all have a moment to think about the things you are thankful for today!!












GREAT list! Thanks so much for joining in! It's amazing to think of all we have to be thankful for and I love taking a few moments to think about it.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time out on Valentine's Day!
Happy Thanksgiving Thursday!
great list, girlie! i find it really helps my attitude when i take the time to do this.
ReplyDeleteno worries about having a bad week. it happens. just try, try again. :)
I tagged you in my blog today...
ReplyDeleteCheck it out and have a great Valentine's day!
X's & O's
I feel you on the wind Kim. We have lots of stuff to pick up also. Im glad you get to go with your husband for a nice date.. Have fun
ReplyDeleteErin