Friday, February 06, 2009

Welcome to Aloha Friday....And Other Stuff.....



Its time for Aloha Friday.....Kailani at An Island Life started this fun weekly blog post called Aloha Friday. Based on the Hawaiian tradition of taking it easy on Fridays and looking forward to the weekend she asks a question of her readers. She invites others to participate by asking a question of their own.

Here is this week's question:


Who was the last person you hugged?



Answer:


My husband John when he left to go out of town for work yesterday. I live for his big cuddly teddy-bear hugs!!


So on to other things.....

It has been awhile since I posted. On Monday my dad was put in the hospital for atrial fibrillation. His ankles and calves were swollen to the point where they were bigger than his thighs, a sign the heart is not working correctly. Unfortunately, he is still in there. They put him on Coumadin and are trying to get his levels up to where they need to be. They would like his Coumadin levels between a 2 and a 5 and right now he is at 1.4. It's been hard being away. I live about 3 hours away, but I am heading up there tomorrow and I'm anxious to see him! And my mom who has been so strong through all of this. She is his rock. When I talked to the nurse on Tuesday morning she said he was very anxious through the night but when my mom got back there in the morning, it was like a sigh of relief for him and he calmed right down. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. He is very afraid and HATES being in the hospital.



Speaking of mom, she turned 70 yesterday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I hope you had a wonderful day!!

People that know me know that my mom is probably my very best friend. She is a constant source of strength for me. I feel so blessed to have her in my life and to have the type of relationship that we have.


Thought I would share a pic of my parents (the couple on the right) with my mom's sister and her hubby, Aunt Kathryn and Uncle Web.






And for the heck of it, I thought I would put my favorite pic of all time of my son and my father from my neice's graduation party. Travis and papa are total buds!






Hope you all have a great weekend!!


P.S. Think Thin Thursday will continue next week. With all that was going on, not only did I not do so great, but I missed posting on Thursday!


Kim

12 comments:

  1. The last person I hugged was my youngest son when he got out of bed this morning. He is such a little cuddler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep your family in my prayers; a little bloggy love can go a long way, yes?

    I hugged my daughter last & got to kiss my son's check!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:22 AM

    sending prayers to your family....

    last person I hugged was my hubby....he has big teddy bear hugs too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont like hospitals either, and your fam is in my thoughts and prayers.
    Last person I hugged was my daughter before school. I love her so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:07 AM

    I gave my hubby a big old hug goodbye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last person I hugged was my son. :)

    I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I will keep him and your family in my prayers. And I hope your Mom had a good birthday considering the circumstances.

    The pics are great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last person I hugged was my little guy when he woke up from his nap. He was really confused since we were no longer out and at home now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dad had A-Fib as well and was on coumadin for 2 years. He is fine now. I shall be praying for your father and your family.

    Happy belated birthday to your mom!

    The last person I hugged was my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I last hugged my son, Douglas.

    Happy birthday to your mom and I hope your dad is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hugged my daughter before she went to bed. Happy Birthday to your mom. I hope your dad has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hug (and kiss) my kids all day long. I am really big on showing them how much I love them.

    Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm glad you dad is better, kim!

    ReplyDelete