Hi There Everyone! I know I have been seriously MIA of late! Sooo much to tell. To make a long story short, John brought home the flu and as we were leaving to drive to my mom's on Christmas Eve he tells me he is sick, nauseated, etc. He decides to go anyhow, but turns around halfway there and goes home. Was it wrong for me to keep going????? I mean I had a back seat and trunk full of pressies for the fam....I was feeling fine.....John was cool with it, but bless his heart he had to pull over a few times on the way home. Sooooo I'm at my moms having a glass of wine with my neices and I'm thinking, hmmmmmm I'm not feeling so great. Ohhhh Wait for it.....because you know where this is going! I spent Christmas day in a hotel (hotel was booked already because when we all get together at my mom's it is hard for everyone to get ready, so one of us usually books a hotel room). OMG I was sooooo thankful I had booked it this year. It was quiet because no one was there, dark because hotel rooms are always dark, and just wonderful. The only thing.....You know how they run that movie The Christmas Story for 24 hours straight on Christmas. Well my TV was stuck on that channel, and everytime I woke up it seemed like it was at the exact same spot in the movie! Ugh.......I got there at 10 a.m. on the 25th and never really saw anyone or the light of day till the 26th! John and I kept tabs on each other and commiserated together though, LOL!
Unfortunately, there were a few more flu fatalities throughout the family.....my mom, my dad, (which really did make me feel really bad. I hate to see them sick) and my 2 neices. That is all I have heard so far. OMG my name is dirt in my family's homes, LMBO!!!! Everyone is all better now though.
Moving on to New Years Eve/New Years Day. John and I decided to go see The Curious Life of Benjamin Button. Awesome, Awesome movie, and Brad Pitt, OMG I die!!! He is just gorgeous! I loved it and I recommend it to everyone! We then went out to dinner for Chinese and then home. We were in bed by 11 and I kept dozing but he did nudge me when the ball dropped and we had our New Years kiss. Then back to sleep. Party animals, aren't we? Travis called at about 10 after though and he really is a party animal, LMBO! Scary, but at least they were staying in at a friend's house. John's brother Chuck came down on New Year's day and we had the traditional Pork Roast and Sour Kraut dinner. Yummilicious!!
So with new year starts the resolutions and plans for the coming year. Travis graduates this year (OMG don't even get me started, I cry everytime I think about it), and I surely do not want to look like I do today when he graduates! So when I was home my one brother who is heavy as well (and he also has a very serious medical condition so really should be losing weight, not to mention the 2 sets of twins who need their daddy), we were talking about dieting. We pinky promised that we would do a biggest loser contest. Personally I think I can kick his A$$ at this. Then I was thinking, Hey, the more the merrier, and success in masses! If you want to start the year off working toward a healthier lifestyle, jump on the bandwagon with us!
You don't have to tell me how much you weigh or anything like that, and you don't have to do the same diet that we are doing. In fact, I'm sure JD and I are doing different diets because he tends to go for South Beach and I joined Weight Watchers yesterday. You just have to do what works for you!
What I do want to keep track of is your weekly weight loss and if you want to share, the amount you would like to lose, even if it is just a percentage. Baby steps, LOL!! I may even open a Yahoo Group for us, depending on how many people want to join up!
I am also one of the leaders on the Columbus Spark People team and that is a GREAT resource as well!!! I encourage you all to check Spark People out!!
If you are interested in participating in our Biggest Loser Challenge, let me know! Email me at kgepper@columbus.rr.com .
Well thats about it for now. Hope you all are off to the start of a GREAT NEW YEAR!!!!
Kim
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











Came over from SITS. Sounds like you had a memorable (if not enjoyable) Christmas to be laughed at for years to come! My brother's girlfriend had something along the same lines and had to go to the hospital, but fortunately none of the rest of us got it.
ReplyDeleteSounds like your off to a running start this year. I'm sorry that Christmas turned out so icky! The flu is never fun, add in the holiday and you have a recipe for disaster.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the weight loss. I know you can do it. And WW is so easy these days, I love diets where you can eat normal food and still stay "on the diet."
Hey, thanks for visiting and being my **50th** follower! Woohoo, go you! :D
ReplyDeleteSorry everyone got the flu in your fam. Ugh! No fun!
Happy 2009!!