Friday, March 27, 2009

Aloha Friday


Good Friday Afternoon!!! It is a beautiful day in Ohio. I'm sitting in my office and the sun shining through the window....such a great feeling!
Its Aloha Friday!!! This fun game was started by Kailani over at An Island Life. Friday is a day to take it easy and look forward to the weekend. In line with taking it easy, I ask a question and you post answer!!!
Today's question is this:
Were you named after anyone?


My answer is no, not with my first name. My middle name however, is my grandmother's first name, and my mother's middle name and I don't think that is a coinkydink!

So how is everyone? I have had a crazy week this week! Sooo so busy with work. No time for anything extra! I feel like I have been neglecting my blog!!

I am so looking forward to this weekend and relaxing....well sorta! Tomorrow Ohio Beaders has its annual Bead Shop Hop. We have 4 shops on the schedule for tomorrow. What is a Bead Shop Hop you ask? Well about 15 of us are getting together and we will visit 4 bead shops starting at 10 a.m. We will visit 2 in the morning, break for lunch then visit 2 more. All but one have offered us a discount. We will definitely be doing our part to stimulate the economy.

The rest of the weekend will just be pure relaxation.....well after I clean and do laundry. Ohhhh whateva!

8 comments:

  1. I love my first name....my dad saw it in the newspaper and loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not named after anyone although Hubby is named after his mom & grandpa & my son has that same part to his name too. My daughter is named after my mom & grandma in a sense. OH & for both kids it's the middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog....so glad that
    I found you.

    Hope you will stop by my blog for a visit. I am new to blogging and I am loving all my new friends.
    I am giving away my first EVER BLOG PRIZE.
    I have a gift basket business and it is the most requested gift over the last 15 years.
    From the comments I have already received, it appears to be something a little different.
    I have been so touched by the comments.
    I really do want to bless people!!!
    I have decided that giving is life at its BEST. The drawing will be late afternoon on Saturday...wow that's tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:33 PM

    I was named after my mother's best friend. I actually never met her, other than in my infancy, but I did talk to her on the phone a few times as a teenager when I was seeking my biological father (they lived in the same town still).

    Have fun shopping!! and enjoy the weekend...Monday comes around all too soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't know how my parents picked my name. I would like to know though, it would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother gave me my middle name to honor her aunt and my fathers aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first name is Jocelyn. The story goes...my Mom was very pregnant and saw a commercial for coffee circa 1979. "Jocelyn West" sailed the seven seas for the perfect blend...yada yada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:13 AM

    I have my mother's and grandfather's first name, but they always called me Jeanne. Recently I have had problems with not using my first name and I am going to change it legally.

    ReplyDelete