Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Malibu Barbie, I mean Lauren!!



You know how I like to do a blog post to honor my family's birthdays.......


Lauren is my 1st niece. Actually the first grandchild on our side. I was 18 when she was born and from the day after her mom (my sister) got married, I started bugging them to have a baby. Finally 3 years later, my sister and brother-in-law came home from Michigan to visit. I tapped her stomach and asked if there were any babies, like I did every time she came home. Funny, the answer was different this time. It was a big, FAT, YES!! I couldn't even see straight I was so excited.


My sister was sure it was a boy. Positive. And she said, I know one thing, even if it is not a boy, it will have dark hair and dark eyes, because that is what my sister has and normally that is dominant. I thought differently though. I told her she was going to have a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.

On March 10, 1983 Lauren was born. I was so excited I could hardly stand it!

I always called her the "original girlfriend" because there ended up being 5 more neices on that side. I also called her Malibu Barbie when she was young, thus the name of the post, LOL. Although they lived in Michigan, we got to see them a lot and a couple times I went and got her and took her home with me to my mom's. It was like I was playing with a baby doll. I would dress her up, do her hair, and then take her and show her off to everyone, LOL.

Lauren has come a long way since then. The picture above is from her college graduation where she earned her doctorate of pharmacy. She is living the good life in Miami Florida working as a pharmacist for a large drug store chain. I'm so proud of her. She has grown into a beautiful and strong woman!
Happy belated birthday Miami Barbie! Wish I could have been there to spend it with you!!


As far as a weekend update, yesterday John and I worked around the house. It was such a nice day so I got the inside cleaned up and then we worked outside. Today we went to Costco, OMG I love that place, but tell me how to come out without spending over $100....please! Then we came home and relaxed. Tonight he built a campfire outside and we hung out there....ahhhhh I love campfires! Life is good!




6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Your niece is adorable!! and I am sure you had a blast...although it appears she has light brown hair and brown eyes?? guess you can't be 100% right huh?? at least you got the girl part right??!!
    Fires are always relaxing....fun you can do that in your own yard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your niece! She's gorgeous:0)

    I too love campfires! I can't wait to have one soon:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Lauren♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Lauren! To see you happy, we are also very happy to follow. :)
    What is Really Healthy-Health Blog
    Humor & Fun World-Funny Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful young lady!

    Nothing is better than campfires!

    ReplyDelete