Hey there everyone! I tried out this totally awesome recipe the other day and the fam just loved it! It was GONE. And it is not that bad for you either! You can make some lighter choices (like I did) and it still was delish! I love anything with a creamy sauce. I wish I wasn't like that because often times those are the worst foods for you, but sadly, it is the case! So of course this recipe caught my eye. And it uses the crock pot. Easy Schmeasy!! I'm glad I tried it!! NOTE: I was not real strict on the cooking times, and I left this in for much longer than required, both before the cream cheese sauce was added, and after. The chicken was so moist and tender it was shredding apart and tasted wonderful poured over white rice. The more shredded it was, the better it tasted, in my opinion. Creamy Crockpot Italian Chicken- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 envelope of Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 C. water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (I used light).
- 1 can of condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, undiluted. I used Campbells Healthy Request
- 1 can of mushroom stems and pieces, drained.
Place chicken in the bottom of the crockpot. Combine salad dressing mix and water and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in mushroom pieces. Pour over chicken. Cook one hour longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over pasta or rice. Enjoy!!
i am going to try this recipe for sure. it sound super delicious. I am hungry thinking about how moist and lovely the chicken is going to be...Thanks for posting
ReplyDeletewe have the same background....it is so calming and simple...
sounds scrumptious!!! Thank you for sharing!!!! Also....thank you for always commenting on my post!! It's so sweet to know you are out there in blog land for me!!??!!
ReplyDeleteOMG....just made the same thing for the first time last week -- yummmm! Love your blog :)
ReplyDelete