Sunday, March 01, 2009

Happy Sunday ~ Weekend Wrap-up

Howdy everyone! Well I can't believe it is Sunday night already. Back to work tomorrow. Well actually I worked yesterday too so it was a quick little break.
On Friday John and I had to go to court up in Ashland Ohio. John was actually pulled over for speeding and ended up with a seat belt violation. LMBO, LOL,LOL,LOL, HAHAHAHAHAHA!! The reason why this is so funny is, first of all, we make fun of John for driving so slow. He is always under the speed limit, or right at it. Secondly, this man never leaves the driveway without his seatbelt on. He was hit head on by a drunk driver in 1995 and barely lived to tell about it. He is adamant that his seat belt saved his life. He wore it faithfully then and continues to wear it now. So when the trooper pulled John over on that fateful night, initially he said it was for speed. John said, I am driving in the slow lane and cars are passing me (I'm sooooo not surprised at this, given his pokieness when he drives). So then the trooper says that there is a seat belt violation and that is what he wrote the ticket for. As he walked up to the car, John pulled the seat belt away from his neck because he had been wearing it for quite awhile and it was getting uncomfortable. It was clearly buckled though!
So we show up in court and they call him up and ask him how he pleads. He says NOT GUILTY. The trooper who pulled him over is sitting there. Well the judge proceeds to tell him that with a not guilty plea, he has to go to trial. Trial? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?? For a seat belt violation? Well they set up the court date and the judge looks at the trooper and says, "Must have been a really slow night that night?" Trooper said "Guess so." So we go back on 3/10. I'll keep you posted.

That night John, Travis and I went out to eat for my birthday to the House of Japan, Japanese Steak House. YUMITHA!!! It was great sitting there chatting with them both. We had a great dinner. Then they dropped me off at the mall so I could get my free birthday lip glosses from Sephora. Priorities Ladies, Priorities!!!

On Saturday, I had to work so my day was shot. John worked on our bathroom renovations, and basically finished them up today! I'll take some pictures. We have no window treatment yet because he is going to be replacing the windows soon, as well as siding the house. OMG I can't wait. It has needed new siding since we bought it almost 5 years ago.

And lastly, I wanted to give you a sneak peak of Travis in the school play. As a reminder they are doing Sugar, which is taken from the movie Some Like it Hot. He plays Jerry/Daphne. Here are some pics of him dressed up in his girl outfit. His female fashion sense leaves something to be desired! These were from his dress rehearsal last week. I'll be cutting his hair so it doesn't show with the wig. He also told me he needs granny panties and panty hose. Ohhh Joy!



See ya soon!

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha, very funny. Happy weekend. :)

    http://eyesinkaleidoscope.blogspot.com/
    http://fymtyh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:19 PM

    you have got to love it....is he going to shave his legs too??? LOLOL!!! Hope you had a superfantastic birthday and sounds like dinner was yumilicious!! One of my favorites for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Those pics are a riot!!!

    I always wear my seltbelt too! I used to never until I became a mom and realized its hard to enforce something that you don't do...so now to set a good example I wear mine too!

    Hope his court date gets axed! What a waste of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are hilarious!!! What a fun sport to do that in the play!!!

    ReplyDelete