Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Tuesdays at the Table


Hi There and Welcome to Tuesday's at the Table. This is a fun little thing that Andrea over at My Chihuahua Bites started. Since I love to cook.....OK that was a big fat lie there, LMAO. I really don't like to cook all that much, only just a little bit, but I am always looking for new recipes for the fam, so I thought it might be fun to participate.
Travis told me last week that I am not an adventurous cook. and I said "Well listen ya little bastage I mean brat, You can always cook if you want something different!!" He has yet to take me up on that. He says his friends mom always has a cookbook out everytime he is over. OMG!! Can you even believe that crap! Little Miss Suzie Homemaker I am not!!
Anywhooo this weeks edition of Tuesday's at the Table brings us this recipe....
MEXICAN LASAGNE
1 pound of ground beef
1 jar (12 ounces) chunky salsa
6 corn tortillas (10 inch size)
1 can refried beans
1 cup sour cream (can use reduced fat)
1 package of pre-shredded Mexican Style cheese blend.
chopped fresh tomato, green onion for garnish.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brown the ground beef. When browned stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa.
Spread the remaining salsa on the bottom of a 10 inch pie pan (deep dish, and I have also used a 9x13 pan but you have to play a little bit with the tortillas to make them fit the square dish). Top the salsa with 3 tortillas. Spread 1/2 of the beans on the tortillas, then 1/2 of the meat mixture, then 1/2 cup of sour cream, and then 1 cup of cheese. Top with the remaining 3 tortillas, and repeat layers. Save 1/4 cup of cheese.
Cover the pie pan loosely with foil and bake until it is hot and the cheese has melted, approximately 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it rest for about 5 minutes, then cut into wedges or spoon onto plates. Garnish with remaining cheese, chopped tomato, and green onion. Serves 6-8.
I hope you enjoy! Travis and John really liked this! Be sure to check out more recipes over at My Chihuahua Bites!
Soooo what else is new......I'm working with a close friend on designing Travis' graduation invitations. They are sooooo cool! Turning out awesome. And he did sign with a college last night. I'll have to post about that later! He is very excited though! I am too, in an "I'm going to miss the hell out of you when you go" sort of way!
That's about it here in the house of the beachbum wannabe's. Hope this Tuesday finds you all well!!
P.S. I take it you didn't like my extremely boring post on My Favorite Things yesterday. Not one single comment!! It's OK!!! I'll try to make them a little bit more exciting.



6 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! And easy. I'm definitely going to try this. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my "to try" list for sure! MMMMMM

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, very much has the characteristics of.
    Health information
    Humor & Fun World

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a crowd pleaser. Will add it to my list of recipes to try! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! That sounds like a very tasty recipe! I'll have to try it out =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started reading this and immediately went to thaw out ground beef. I want something cheesy! lol

    ReplyDelete