Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday's at the Table



There are 2 meals that my husband makes that I just, 1) absolutely love, 2) cannot recreate. They are his chili and his meatloaf.

I try, and I fail, each and every time. But I'm so OK with it, because it sure doesn't hurt him to cook every once in awhile. In fact, we have a deal, I cook Monday through Thursday, go out to eat on Friday, and then he takes care of the meals Saturday and Sunday. So usually we eat out the whole weekend.....sadly, LOL. Actually that's not true, he is pretty good at grilling on Sundays. But I told him I don't even want to have to think meal preparation on the weekends, so he offered.

His chili is just a bowl full of chunky goodness with lots of meat, peppers, onions and tomatoes. Major Yummilicious!

His meatloaf is Rock Your Socks Off good! So without further ado, I give you......

JOHN'S MEATLOAF

1-1/2 pounds ground beef

2 eggs

1 roll of Ritz Crackers crushed

Heinz 57 sauce (no measurement, some for in the mix and some for the top)

small onion chopped

small green pepper chopped (half the time we leave this out because we don't have a green pepper)

Onion Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Add some Heinz 57 sauce to the mix. Once you place your meatloaf in your loaf pan, cover the top with Heinz 57 sauce as well. Bake in the oven for at least one hour. I like mine to brown up pretty good on the edges, because, well I pretty much like everything burned. So I call the ends, LOL! Try it, you are gonna love it!

Be sure to stop over to My Chiuhuahua Bites for more Tuesday's at the Table recipes!

So my back is feeling a little bit better! Well actually I would even go so far as to say 1/2 better!! Thanks for all of your well wishes. I had posted on Facebook something that looked like this:

Back = ouch = equals doctor appointment tomorrow for Drugs.

Here is how my lovely friends responded with nothing but these short, one-word answers.

Diva Kim: Yoga

Florence: Stretching

Sharon: Alcohol

LMBO! Actually I tried 2 of the 3 last night and Yoga was not one of them! No need for the doctor though, phew. I hate to go!

Have a great Tuesday all!

PS: Do you guys twitter? I opened an account. I think it is under Gepper524. I don't really know what I'm doing yet though. Can you reply to people?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Glad to hear you are feeling at least a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:10 PM

    glad you are feeling better...wish I could say the same...I think everything that he tried to force back into place is stubbornly fighting his treatment. OUCH!! Maybe I will try the alcohol treatment? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:12 PM

    ohhh and yes, I absolutely twitter!! it can be reallly fun!! so I will add you and you can add me if you want! yes you can reply to a person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love meatloaf but have never quite figured out how to cook it. i'm going to make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delish and easy! I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is my first time at your blog. i love your header!!!!

    this meatloaf recipe sounds easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum... meatloaf is one of those comfort foods. I crave comfort foods when I'm sick, sad, or cold... kinda strange. Ha Ha. I'll have to remember your hubby's recipe.

    ReplyDelete