
This is not something I'm having for dinner tonight but it is a great little breakfast casserole for when you have company. I live out of town and my parents and sister come to visit. This can be made the night before and then baked in the morning. It is really great, and I did just recently make it for dinner, and my guys just loved it! Enjoy!!
Breakfast Casserole
6-8 slices of bread broken up
1 lb sausage (I use Bob Evans Hot Sausage)
1 medium green pepper chopped
1 small onion chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 eggs
2 cups of milk
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam. Brown and drain the sausage with the pepper and onion. Tear bread into pieces and place in bottom of baking dish. Place sausage peppers and onions over bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Beat eggs and milk together and add salt and pepper to taste. Pour it in the baking dish, over the bread/sausage.
Back at 350 for approximately 35-40 minutes. Edges will brown and eggs should be set in the middle.
It is just yummy!











sounds yummy and reminds me of my childhood...my mother used to make a breakfast casserole, not the same, but similar, and it was ALWAYS a hit! I just might give this a try...and I must confess I don't usually do that!! Cooking is not something I delight in!! pure necessity in life!
ReplyDeleteMmmmm, I love recipes like this!
ReplyDeleteyum! I make a super grits casserole but I want to try a different breakfast casserole and this looks super. i am sorry I didn't get TATT up this week but be ready for this coming tuesday!
ReplyDeleteI'm just getting around to catching up with everyone. I wanted to say thanks so much for your sweet words about my uncle. It meant a lot to me!
FIVE DAYS AND NO POST????? are you still alive over there???? Missing you!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete