Monday, March 09, 2009

On to Bigger and Better Things.....I Think?

Well the weekend is over, play is done, parents/ex-inlaws went home. Hmmmm, now do I do, LOL?


The play was incredible. I have to say Travis stole the show! Now in all fairness to the other actors in the play, his part was one that was made to steal the show, but he ACED it. It was amazing seeing everyone clap for him, laugh at him, and give them all a standing ovation in the end. He absolutely loved it and after talking with the director, he hopes to go out for community theater this summer. I got some more pics so I'll be posting those soon.


So now that the play is over, I'm bummed because it is the beginning of the end for a huge chapter in my life. In 3 short months, Travis will be graduating. In 5 short months, he will be leaving to go to college. Ohhhh my, what huge changes. I have dreaded this for so long. I can hardly bear it! I'm so proud of him and all that he has accomplished and I just don't know what I will do when he is not a part of my everyday life. How does one make this transition? He has been such a joy and a bright spot. Sitting here right now and thinking, removing that from the equation of my life leaves me with little to look forward to. I guess I will have to focus on different things as we progress into this next chapter. John thinks I'm crazy, but I can't seem to shake this feeling of sadness when I think of him leaving. I'm so excited for the things that await him. I WANT him to go away to school. And I want him to accomplish his goal of becoming a doctor, or whatever he decides to do because that is subject to change. I want him to enjoy college life, his friends, his girlfriend, his activities.


I love this saying:

"Life is not about the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."


I hope he has lots of moments in his life that take his breath away.


So tell me, is it normal for a mother to feel this way? Am I crazy? I mean seriously, at times, I feel like I'm going to need Valium to get through it, LOL.


I have a new BFF, Sherri, and she has just one daughter who will be graduating with Travis. We were kidding around saying we will be the ones on the ground kicking and crying because they are graduating. So I know she feels the same way I do. I think my new BFF and I will be spending lots of time together next year!!


That aside, I'm getting ready for a weekend away with some beading friends of mine! We are going back to the Indian Bear Lodge. Unfortunately I can't go until Saturday, but they have lots of cool things planned and I'm really looking forward to it!


I took today, tomorrow, and Wednesday off from work. Simply because I have too much vacation time saved up and will not earn anymore until I use some of it. I figure why waste it so I'm going to take the time to get caught up on my Tivo'd shows and some things that I have been putting off doing.


Jeesh, I hope this post was not too depressing! I'll get through it. Many have been there! I guess the unknown is just scary!

Talk soon!

3 comments:

  1. I have a friend whose son graduated a few years ago. She had to actually get some anxiety medicine to get through graduation. I totally understand. I am sad just thinking about my kids graduating, and mine still have several years at home. I mean what else is there to do besides our children's activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest son is now in his second year at Akron....I have 2 more boys at home, with the one graduating next year.

    You WILL get through it! I totally encourage you on doing the drugs to get through it! ;) Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

    But this is such an exciting time in your son's life....and you get to be a part of it. You and your son seem close, so I'm sure he will be talking to you about "stuff". But it WILL be different. My oldest son came home last night..he's going on his first Spring Break this weekend. So of course, I say, don't get TOO drunk and NO unprotected sex! (NO SEX AT ALL!) he's like, "mom, I'm almost 20....I'm not a little boy anymore" HE BROKE MY HEART!!!

    But, it'll be ok, trust me.

    ReplyDelete