Monday, April 20, 2009

Where Am I??? Not at the Beach, That's For Sure

Sorry I have been gone so long!!!! I have been neglecting my blog so badly! I have just been so busy with my son's upcoming graduation, finalizing details, shopping, scrapbooking, and then sadly there is work, which takes up another big chunk of my day, darn it, leaving me with little time to do the "fun" things! BUT I'M BACK!!!

I had the best weekend! On Friday my parents came down to see one of Travis' track meets. It was in Bellfontaine (which normal people would pronounce bell-fon-taine, but in Ohio it is pronounced bell-fountain. Weird, I KNOW!) Travis was supposed to run the 4x400, which he did, but they gave him a 1/2 hour notice that he would be running in the distance medley and would be running the mile. Dang, 4 times around the track for that one. Travis was nervous and was afraid he would not do well, and kept shaking his head, because he was not at all prepared. To hear him talk, I had these visions of everyone finished and him still having 2 laps to run, and finally crawling over the finish line, but that was not the case at all! He did fine. He didn't lose, that's for sure. There were like 4 people behind him. To be in shape like that, ya know?


Then on Saturday we went for a little road trip. We went to Miami University, which is the college my son will be attending in the fall. He has a friend that goes there, so we hooked up with her for lunch and then they walked around the campus and she showed him so many things. He was soooooo excited about it! My mom and I walked around quite a bit, and did some damage in the book store. Dad and John sat and people-watched. After that, my niece was playing in a softball tourney in Middletown Ohio which was only about 20 minutes from Miami, so we headed over there. Katie is an awesome baseball player and they won, not only their game but the entire tournament! We stayed there till about 8ish and then started on the 3 hour treck home. Boy were we tired! Sunday I just veged all day and caught up with some shows I had TIVO'd. My parents left at about 11 in the morning. I always hate when they leave. I love the mamma so much. OK and my dad too, although he did a lot of agitating this weekend, and sadly I was forced to retaliate!

So Travis and I had a conversation about him leaving me, which, as most of you know has been weighing heavily on my mind. I felt so bad because he said he was so worried about me for when he goes. I said, I don't want you to worry about me Trav. Although I will be sad to not see you everyday, I am TRULY excited for you! I WANT you to experience college and I WANT you to have the time of your life, with a whole lotta studying thrown in there! I hope he never loses track of his goals. He said he felt so much better. I'm glad he mentioned it because truly, I don't want him to waste 1 minute of his life worrying about if I will be OK when he goes. I'm sure I will be fine.....gulp..... hee hee, JK, JK!!!!

OK now on to other things.....SAY IT AIN'T SO............. Someone is clearly missing from this picture ~


















Edie, did you really leave???? I have to do some research to see what is really going on here! Although she was a bad girl, I do think she added a lot to the show. This show is normally one of my must-sees, although not so much this year.
Well I must go get dinner ready and then Dancing with the Stars is on tonight. There is another show I'm bored with this season....major ho-hum if ya ask me. I hope you all have a wonderful evening!










2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:09 PM

    So glad you are back!! Odd not to hear something from you on a pretty regular basis!! Glad you had a good weekend with the parents!! What a blessing to have that relationship! I love it when our kids actually pause and think of us...even tho that is the last thing you want him worrying about, it shows how much he cares about you! YOU WILL BE GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I'm LOVING this season on DWTS!!! Gilles gets my blood pumping every time :o) You need to come read my recap - maybe it'll make it funner for you!

    ReplyDelete